The Hook Group
Launched in 2014, The Hook Group has rapidly grown into one of the largest youth media groups globally on social.
Our 2 in-house divisions include:
- The Hook Labs - our award-winning Social Marketing Agency, challenging the status quo and delivering tangible results for brands.
- The Hook – our media brand and publisher has become one of the largest youth entertainment channels on social, known for creating stand-out original content for its 10M fans.
We've won 24 industry awards in the last 18 months. Highlights include beating Disney to Content Studio of The Year (British Media Awards 2018) plus Best Branded Content (Global DIGIDAY Awards 2018), Social Media Agency of the year (The Drum Agency Awards 2018), Best Influencer Marketing Campaign (Performance Marketing Awards 2019) and Best Brand Documentary (Brand Film Festival by Campaign 2019)
- Work with the post production team to take all branded and editorial content through the full post production process
- Cam Op on shoots
- Attend initial briefings and brainstorms for new creative ideas
This role reports to the Post Production Manager & Creative Director
To be successful in this role, it is essential that you can demonstrate:
- Over 4 years of professional video editing experience
- 3+ credits & 2 references
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud - specifically Premiere, After Effects and Photoshop
- Have an understanding of narrative and a knowledge of crafting a story for a social, sharing audience.
- Knowledge of reformatting and optimising videos for multiple platforms: resizing, subtitling, formatting different aspect ratios etc.
- Good knowledge of camera equipment and an ability to shoot when required (C300, 5DMkIV, Black Magic Ursa Mini)
- Experience in lighting shoots
- Experience in colour grading, preferably in DaVinci Resolve
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to maintain focus, work to strict deadlines and always keep brand identity in mind.
- Ability to receive constructive criticism/feedback
- A competitive annual salary that is negotiable depending on experience
- You will be joining a rapidly growing team and business with room for career growth and development
- Working on creative and quality led editorial and branded content
- Early finish on Fridays
- You’ll be working in a state of the art, flexible working environment, with gaming area, yoga mornings, free fruit and refreshments.
- A relaxed and fun working environment which includes trips abroad for Christmas Holiday and lots of free movies
- 23 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays
If you’re looking to help change the face of social content and join an award-winning team, make sure to impress us with your opening statement. First impressions count! We want to hear why you’ll be perfect for the role.
Diverse workplaces lead to better creative outcomes. We encourage applications across gender, LGBTQ+ & BAME candidates.