We are a team that at the core wants to change the way 20-somethings are entertained and inspired on social.
With traditional media rapidly declining and unable to adapt, we want to pioneer quality content for the youth market and on the platforms the social generation have migrated too.
In a social climate currently filled with viral cats and dogs; we prefer to create stand out content that genuinely impacts upon our fans and makes them feel inspired or laugh out loud.
Launched in 2014, The Hook Group has rapidly grown into one of the largest youth media groups globally on social, reaching up to 500m people a month.
We are a multi award winning group that is currently made up of 3 brands that creates content for, markets to and sells products to the youth market on social.
- The Hook - One of the largest youth entertainment and comedy channels on social, known for creating original content for its 10m fans (50/50 male/female). This ranges from comedy sketches and funny celebrity interviews to mashups and mini documentaries.
- The Hook Labs – Our social media agency that helps major brands achieve success on social through creative & production, influencer marketing and social distribution.
- E-Commerce – A social commerce marketplace, where customers can find and buy the most popular products being bought on social.
We have recently beaten Disney to win Best Content Studio in the British Media Awards by Campaign; and we won Best Brand Campaign Worldwide in the Global Digiday Awards.
We are now on a path of accelerated growth, including launching new brands and commerce offerings and will be setting up offices in US in 2019 to capitalise on our huge US audience.
As a result, we are looking for superstars to join our growing team and help us take The Hook and social content to the next level.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, self-starting Shooting Assistant Producer who would like to be part of an exciting business that is changing the face of social content.
The Shooting AP will sit within our talent production team and be a key member of this team as well as assisting other areas of the creative division here at The Hook.
- Taking the lead on projects and completing development and pre-production
- Development of initial format ideas and completing a pilot day
- Completing casting for shoots and ensuring all relevant paperwork is signed
- Completing H&S for a shoot
- Sitting in on edits and giving feedback to the team
- Working with the Production Manager, the Head of Operations and the Sales team to work out realistic timelines for Branded projects
- Attend shoots as a runner/production assistant when required
Required knowledge & skills
- Knowledge of Canon is a preference as this is the equipment we have in-house
- Knowledge of all equipment we have and how it can be used on a shoot (including sound and small devices such as GoPro)
- Organising and shooting smaller projects that only require additional sound (e.g. Voxi)
- Actively passionate about digital culture and social media
Team is important to us and we want you to have the same beliefs, mindset and goals as us.
You need to be someone who:
- Will be passionate about building a global company and brand known for pioneering content for the social generation
- Wants to be part of a start-up and gets excited about rolling up their sleeves and getting stuck in
- Is naturally positive and likes to take on challenges
- Annual Christmas trip abroad
- 23 days annual leave + bank holidays
- A relaxed fun working environment
- Negotiable salary dependent on your experience
- You’ll be joining a rapidly growing team and business and be given instant responsibility and room for career growth a development