The Hook Group Limited (“We”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We recognise that the protection of your personal information is a very important principle in building trust and maintaining a good relationship with you.
This policy (together with our cookies policy and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it and by accessing and using our site thehooksite.com (our site) you agree to the terms contained herein.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (“Act”), the data controller is The Hook Group Limited of 38-40 Commercial Road, London, E1 1LN. Whenever we process information about you, we will do so in accordance with the Act.
Information we may collect from you:
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- (a) Information that you provide by filling in forms or details on, or via, our site, our social media pages, or products or services (whether they are our products or services or products or services of a third party or brand partner). This includes, without limitation, information provided at the time of registering to use our site or our social media pages, subscribing to our services, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion, or when you redeem a voucher or ticket the subject of a promotion, sponsored or promoted by The Hook Group Limited, and when you report a problem with our site.
- (b) If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- (c) We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond.
- (d) Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfillment of your orders.
- (e) Details of your visits to our site our social media pages including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- (f) Your details and basic information via any social media (such as Facebook or Twitter) authentication or permission process.
Where we store your personal data
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored or hosted at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff or contractors operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the provision of services (such as support services). By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing to a country or territory outside of the EEA whose laws may not necessarily provide adequate levels of protection to personal data.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is entirely at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access and disclosure. We will keep your personal data on a secure server located within the EEA and use it only for the purposes described in this policy.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in any of the following ways:
- (a) To help us improve the design and layout of our site and to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- (b) To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes. If you no longer wish to receive such information, please send an email to email@example.com
- (c) To send you our newsletter or promotional emails, messages or feeds, from time to time. If you no longer wish to receive such newsletter, emails, messages or feeds, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the newsletter or email.
- (d) To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- (e) To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- (f) To notify you about changes to our service.
- (g) In aggregate form, for statistical analysis and developing our marketing plans.
- (h) For internal record keeping purposes.
- (i) To improve our products or services or enhance your use of our products or services or to assist us in providing a better service.
- (j) To customise our site according to your interests.
We (or our related entities) may also use your data, or permit selected third parties, affiliates, service providers or brand partners to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these. We may also share your data with:
- (a) authorised third party service providers who perform functions on our behalf, such as marketing and analysis organisations, affiliates, financial and credit card institutions in order to process any payments, hosting companies, web developers, internet service providers and customer service providers.
- (b) suppliers of prizes that are the subject of competitions sponsored or promoted by us.
- (c) brand partners whose products or services features on or via our site or our social media pages.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please send an email to email@example.com
We may also disclose information to our advertisers, partners and clients aggregate demographic information about our users. This is not linked to any personal information that can identify any individual person.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 736 of the UK Companies Act 1985.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- (a) In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- (b) If our business assets, or substantially all of our business or assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers may be one of the transferred assets.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You may be able exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on certain of the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our reasonable costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.